Tuesday 13 September 2016

Cheryl Fernandez-Versini inspired look - chloescorner

After watching the X-factor auditions this weekend I was completely in awe of Cheryl's make-up looks, Sunday's show in particular, and couldn't wait to re-create it for myself to share with you lovely lot.



As you can see she was sporting a very blown out brown smokey eye, graduating from dark brown on the lid to just golden hues around the crease. The artist paired this eye look with a bronzed complexion, a touch of a pinky/coral blush and a nude lip. Perfection!

Base - 




I firstly moisturised my skin with a nivea moisturising cream and then applied an even layer of Benefit's The Porefessional Primer all over my face, including my eyelids. Then taking the Benefit Erase Paste Concealer in light I covered any red patches (particularly round the sides of my nose) and under my eyes to counteract the dark circles. I then used The Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to evenly apply my Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Light 3 Gobi and then went onto using the Mac Prolongwear Concealer - NC15 to cover any imperfections (further covering up my under eyes for a slightly highlighting effect and any pesky blemishes). To create those sculpted cheekbones that Cheryl is lucky enough to have I then used the contour shade in my Sleek Makeup Face Form in Fair in the hollows of my cheeks, making sure it was well blended to avoid that telltale streak. I then used my Soap and Glory Solar Powder around the perimetre of my face to add a little colour and topped that with the Blush shade from the Sleek palette on the apples of my cheeks. I then used the highlighter from the palette and brushed it along the tops of my cheekbones to add a subtle glow. 

 Eyes-


       

To create a good base for the eyeshadow to adhere to I applied a thin layer of the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze to my eyelid. Shade 1 was then patted on top of the base I applied to intensify the look. I then took the shade numbered 2 in my Nyx Eyeshadow Palette and applied this to my crease in a rounded shape rather than winging it out. I thought that this shade was a little too cool so applied the shade numbered 3 on top, blending everything as I went along. I decided to intensify the lid colour even further and applied a black shade (4) on to the lid also. I applied this close to my bottom lashline too and then blended it out using shade 2 and 3, taking it quite far down. I then used a black eyeliner (Soap and Glory Supercat Eyeliner Pen) to add a little bit of definition to my lashline and then used a black pencil liner I had lying around to line my waterline and tightline. I curled my lashes, added lashings of L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Excess Mascara (Waterproof) and filled my brows in with Soap and Glory Archery Brow Tint and Pencil in the shade Love is Blonde keeping to my natural shape. 

Lips- 




I then completed my look with Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in shade 03. I personally didn't feel the need to add a gloss as I'm not the biggest fan of the finish that they leave but do feel free to add a nudey gloss on top to achieve that glossy pout! 




I think that if I were to wear this look out I would have added a pair of fluttery false lashes to open my eye up further and add that little more length and volume to my own lashes.
Et Voila! My interpretation of Cheryl's beautiful, Bronze Goddess-esque makeup look. I'm by no means a 'Makeup Artist' so I know this might look a little rusty, I mean looking at the photos I can spot many things I would like to improve on, but its something I wanted to attempt and share the outcome with those who might be interested in re-creating the look. And like they say; practice makes perfect! Would you like me to make these 'inspired look' type posts more often? feel free to leave suggestions in the comments and I will most definitely be trying some out!

All my love,
Chloe xo



No comments:

Post a Comment